Construction Superintendent | New York / Full-Time
The Field Superintendent at The Contractor is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of field crews, subcontractors, and vendors to insure goals and objectives of each project are met in accordance with established budgets, schedules and company policies.
Must have a minimum of ten (10) years construction experience preferably in Tenant Improvement and/or New Construction
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Solid background in commercial Tenant Improvement and/or New Construction
- Proven track record of problem solving issues including but not limited to Owner, Sub-Contractors, Project Manager, and project hindrances
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and shop drawings accurately
- Demonstrates established and consistent methods of multi tasking abilities and attention to detail
- Comfortable operating in PC environment with basic skills including MS Word, as well as the ability to send and retrieve email.
- Knowledge of Prolog and MS Project a plus
- LEED project experience is a plus
- Time Management: This person has the ability to effectively manage their time and prioritize their tasks
- Diplomacy: Uses diplomacy and discretion when communicating with external as well as internal clients
- Decision-Making: Identifies problems, gathers data, and develops and assesses alternative courses of action when necessary
- Integrity: Upholds The Contractor Construction Group’s high standard of ethics and moral conduct through a consistent professional demeanor
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stability under pressurized deadlines or conflicts